SGS in Brief
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company.
We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 97,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
Wherever you are, whatever your industry, our experts worldwide provide specialized solutions to make your business faster, simpler and more efficient.
Our value to society is enabling a better, safer and more interconnected world
- We enable a better world by helping businesses everywhere to work efficiently, deliver with quality, and trade with integrity and trust
- We enable a safer world by ensuring that the environment where you work and live is secure and clean, and that the products you use or consume are safe
- We enable a more interconnected world by helping new technology reach consumers quickly and affordably, ensuring IT and data security, and using AI and IoT to develop smart cities
Our core services
We provide worldwide, independent services that make a difference in people’s lives. Our core services can be divided into three main categories:
- Testing: Reduce risks, shorten time to market and test the quality, safety and performance of your products against relevant health, safety and regulatory standards with our global network of testing facilities
- Inspection: Control quantity and quality, and meet all relevant regulatory requirements across different regions and markets with our world-leading inspection and verification services
- Certification: Ensure that your products, processes, systems or services meet national and international standards and regulations with our comprehensive certification services
We also offer training and consultancy services:
- Training: Keep up with the latest developments in standards, regulations and technology with high-quality training and development for every level of your organization – anywhere in the world
- Consultancy: Gain full market access by identifying, meeting and complying with the requirements of your target market, anywhere in the world, whatever your industry
Established in 1878, we have transformed grain trading in Europe by offering innovative agricultural inspection services. Our company was registered in Geneva as Société Générale de Surveillance in 1919. Shares were first listed on (SWX) Swiss Exchange in 1981.
From our beginnings as a grain inspection house, we have steadily grown into our role as the industry leader. We have done this through continual improvement and innovation and through supporting our customers’ operations by reducing risk and improving productivity.